5 Ways to Keep Your Pool Cool This Summer
Summer is in full swing in Central Florida and many of us are starting to think about how we can keep our pool cool. Whether you have a backyard pool or a community pool, here are some tips for keeping your water temperature down this summer!
Clean = Cool
1) Make sure the filter is clean and running properly to circulate water throughout the pool. Cleaning your filter regularly not only improves circulation but also removes more debris before it settles on surfaces where it can grow bacteria. Balanced Chemicals = Refreshing Feeling
2) Add chemicals like chlorine or bromine to maintain sanitized levels in order to avoid bacteria growth. Has it been a while since you've had your pool serviced? It's time to bring the water chemistry back up to par. The process can be a little intimidating, but we're here to help! We'll take you through everything you need to know about pH levels and how they affect the quality of There are four main types of chemicals that are used in maintaining pool water chemistry: chlorine, bromine, cyanuric acid (chlorine alternative), and muriatic acid (pH adjuster). When keeping chemicals balanced it is important that you maintain proper levels of chlorine, pH balance, and alkalinity so that the water stays clean and clear. Make sure there is enough shock treatment as well because algae will grow if there isn't enough chlorine present.
Waterfalls = Increased Water Flow
3) Consider adding waterfalls or fountains - These can offer a beautiful sound while cooling down your property with their misting effect. I know it might not sound like these features will make that big of a difference, but having multiple waterfalls or fountains really does have an impact on keeping your pool cool and refreshing. Think of these fountains as additional sources of new water cycling through your pool system, the more water there is to draw from, the longer it will take for that water that is in circulation to feel “stagnant” or unrefreshing.
Blue Colorant is a Cool Pool’s Best Friend
4) Fill your pool with a blue colorant so that more sunlight can be absorbed during daylight hours. This provides an extra cooling effect on hot days when most people swim outside at noon (the hottest part of the day).
Keep the Pool Covered When Not in Use
5) Install a solar cover if possible - Pool owners can lower their electric bill by installing a solar cover or purchasing an automatic blanket designed for swimming pools. These items help reduce evaporation so less water is lost through evaporation (savings of 10%-20% possible).
The Clean Pool Company is a family-owned and operated pool service company that takes great pride in serving the Orlando community. We know how to keep pools clean year-round. We offer services like swimming pool maintenance, water testing and balancing chemicals, cleaning filters (both sand and cartridge), and equipment repairs and replacements - give us a call at 407- 984-7841
Does your pool need help? If so, contact the Clean Pool Company Today! Click Here for a FREE Quote
The Clean Pool Company Services the Following Central Florida Locations:
Windermere, Lake Nona, Apopka, Sanford, Heathrow, Lake Mary, Oviedo, Winter Springs, Longwood, Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Orlando, & More!